Aug 8, 2007

Golfing in The Dark

This morning I had the opportunity go and play little bit of golf with the managing broker of a real estate company, mortgage broker and a very successful real estate investor. Here is what I learned....

1 - 5:30 am is too early. Obvious, but true.

2 - Golf scores do not equal business savvy.

3- I'm horrible. 3 putts are bad, but what on earth is a 4 putt?

I also took some time to watch these very successful businessmen. Here are some of the things I noticed...

1 - Their phones started ringing about 7 a.m. and didn't stop. (I thought about texting Tanna just to ask her to call me so I could feel a little bit more important.)

2 - They play golf before sunrise because they don't have time during the day.

3 - Much of their business is built on relationships and contacts.

4 - Both men talked about putting the kids to bed last night and then finishing up their workday on the computer returning emails and preparing for the next day.

Lesson Learned:
These guys are loaded living in million dollar homes. They are successful. They are not content! They work hard. They work long hours. They put in the time and energy required to be successful! Self employment offers great opportunities and freedoms, but it comes at a price. Forget the 9 - 5 with 15 minute breaks and hour lunches! Pay the price!

No comments: