Sep 4, 2007

Slimeball?

I recently shot an email off to a realtor whose client may be interested in our condo. Mid e-mail I stopped and asked myself what I was doing and why. Am I doing this for the buyer or for myself?

The honest answer is that I'm selling this condo for myself (and Tanna). Why? This was a business investment. I've put a ton of time, taken a lot of risk and worked like crazy to complete this project.
-My time is worth money. If I contracted this project out, it would have tripled my costs!
-This is an investment and I need to be see a return on this investment!

The fact that someone else will be able to buy their first home is nice. It makes me feel good to help make that a reality, but that is not why I bought a house and completely remodeled it!

So... am I a slimeball?

Absolutely not. This is a win-win situation. No one has ever told me that the condo is over priced! It's a fair deal and I truly believe the new owner will be stepping into some equity.

I win. I sell my condo and make a little bit of money for my efforts.

They win. They are homeowners stepping into a fully remodeled condo in an established neighborhood with instant equity!

No comments: